Sunday, January 6, 2013

Breast Reduction Story

This post is for all of the girls on the web searching for a good breast reduction surgery testament. If you have any questions about the surgery that this post doesn't answer, feel free to contact me at xoraeshellia@gmail.com.

First, let me just say that now that I have had the reduction, I don't know how I woke up every day and carried on through my normal routine. Everyday, I had back pain that hour by hour got worse until I would have to lay down and go to sleep just to escape it. I was an E, a miserable, self conscious E.

When I was in the 11th grade I was a D. My mother was somewhat larger than an E. We both decided that we were going to have our consultations on the same day. If insurance wouldn't pay, we couldn't possibly have it done. They paid hers and didn't approve me.

Her surgery went so well, that I just so happy for her. I just thought to myself "When I'm older and I can afford it, I will have it done no matter what the cost will be". I carried on in my what I thought was 'normal' life for 5 more years.

In those 5 years they did nothing but get bigger and bigger and my body shrunk. I lost 15lbs and yet they still managed to get larger. They put such a strain on my neck and back that at the end of the day I had a head ache. I figured out ways to make me look smaller, including wearing two bras everyday, wearing shirts that were flowy instead of fitted, and simply avoiding swimming suits. Finally, I decided enough was enough and I talked to my mom about it again. We both thought I had gotten bigger, and decided to make another consultation with the same doctor she used.

I made an appointment and had to wait 3 weeks until they could get me in. I never told myself "Oh, insurance will pay, don't worry about it" because I knew that if I got my hopes up and I couldn't have the surgery, I would be crushed.

The day of my consultation arrived and I just went into it thinking I would never get approved. The doctor took one look and started telling me how the procedure would go.
Then when I asked, "What about insurance?"
He looked at me and said, "Leave that up to me and don't worry about it."

Could it be true? Could I be getting the surgery I had only dreamed of for years? I told myself that I wasn't that lucky and that there is no way I could ever live a normal, pain free life. The life I dreamed of was to be able to go swim suit shopping and not have a crying melt down at the end of the day, to not have people call me "Jugs" or "Rack", to be able to stand out in a crowd because I'm different, not because I had these huge balloons sticking off of my chest. And of course, to live without the horrible back and neck pain.

The day after the consultation I received a phone call from the doctors office. When the lady told me that insurance was paying 100% I started jumping up and down screaming. Then we scheduled my surgery for December 12, 2012. I called everyone I could, told everyone I knew, and couldn't stop smiling.

I'm not going to go into detail on the surgery or recovery. If you have any questions about that please email me. If I have way too many responses about it, I will make a separate post about it.

My entire family was so supportive. Zach was there for me through everything. I was so lucky to have such a supporting boyfriend for something like this. It's been almost a month since surgery and I felt better instantly. My self esteem is higher than it ever has been and I still can't believe how much of a difference it has made in my life. I haven't regretted it and I will never regret it.

I went from am E to a full B. For my 5'2, petite body frame, they are perfect. I am the happiest I have ever been. I can actually breathe for once in my life.

Before












After






I hope this post helped anyone that is thinking about having the surgery. I would recommend it for anyone. It changed my life and I will never look back.





No comments:

Post a Comment